During my work with the epic book ‘Champagne Magnum Opus’, we’ve asked our friends in champagne to help us with historical photos, records, labels etc. We got an interesting reply from a historical point of view from our friends at Ruinart.
THE HOUSE of RUINART
- September 1st 1729: Nicolas Ruinart founds the House.
- 1762: Claude Ruinart, Nicolas Ruinart’s son, travels in Europe, in order to establish commercial connections.
- 1764: First shipment of champagne rosé Ruinart.
- 1768: First shipment of Ruinart champagne in Sweden.
- 1798: Irénée Ruinart succeeds to his father at the head of the House.
- End of the XVIIIth century: establishment in the Crayères.