Shortly we will launch the app – CHAMPAGNE CLUB for both Android & Iphone.
Richard explains; ‘My hunt for new champagne experiences has brought me to the most beautiful and exciting places. My favourite memories are linked to the moments when I enjoyed well selected champagnes in harmony with the beauty of nature. For a long time I have been analyzing why a certain champagne tastes best at a particular time in a particular place. Travelling to optimize champagne experiences is the starting point for the book. I have called this concept CHAMPAGNE HIKING.’
There is an increased understanding that all of our senses contribute when we experience pleasure. Factors such as location, company, and mood will affect the overall experience. When attending play or concert, this has long been a matter of course, but within the world of gastronomy this is a fairly recent realisation.
This revolutionary idea is championed by fantastic food creators such as Heston Blumenthal, at The Fat Duck. As the guests take the first bite of a wonderful seafood dish, they might be offered sounds of waves hitting the shore, seagulls shrieking, and a light mist smelling of the sea. If he could, he would move you to the beach where the oysters were collected. While physical transportation is impossible, the divine champagne in the cooler bag will momentarily move your being the to the optimal location, one bottle at the time. And I will tell you how.
’Champagne Hiking is an invitation to enjoy discovering new spaces, a journey that will take you to new places, further afield, higher, deeper, stronger, right to the beating heart of Champagne, within each one of you. The sensations created through the tasting are liberated and amplified, through a new relationship with nature.’
Examples of Champagne Hikings to get You inspired;
‘For the book & app I’ve visited, together with my dear champagne loving photografer Pål Allan, the 100 most beautiful places on the planet & tasted the 100 most glorious Champagnes. A labour of love that took, from start to finish, almost 3 years. Champagne Hiking is an invitation to enjoy discovering new spaces, a journey that will take you to new places, further afield, higher, deeper, stronger, right to the beating heart of Champagne, within each one of you. The sensations created through the tasting are liberated and amplified, through a new relationship with nature.’
Champagne Hiking The app
THE CONCEPT ‘Champagne Hiking’ will be available as a new app [both for iOS & Android]
IN THE NEW APP You will find;
- 12,000+ unique tasting notes & scores by Richard Juhlin
- [you can put in your own tasting notes],
- You can enjoy ’Champagne Hikings’
- [post your own hikings, build champagne clubs with friends, follow leaderboards, read the book Champagne hiking, listen to all the chapters in the book, post them on social media etc].
FUNCTIONS IN THE APP
THE CHAMPAGNE LIBRARY
- The site feature Richard’s own ranking system [ including ratings of 12,000+ champagnes ]
- Learn the language of champagne connoisseurs worldwide with the vintner’s alphabet from Henri Abelé to Vranken.
- The Champagne library is the ideal tool to select and buy the champagne best suited to your own nose and palate, due to the vivid and comprehensive descriptions of the champagne houses and the individual wines and vintages.
THE CHAMPAGNE GUIDES
- vintage guides year by year [ ‘which will rank the highest ? ’88 or’90 ?’, etc ]
- best champagnes by vintage [ ‘the best of all the ’96s ?´, etc ]
- producers per villages [ ‘who is who in Ambonnay ?’, etc ]
- champagnes by score [ ‘what’s the highest scoring champagne of all time ?’ ]
- The Juhlin top-100
- no of producer profiles [900+]
- no of brands [6,500+]
- no of villages 
- no of unique tasting notes [over 12,000+]
- vintages [from 1825 Perrier-Jouët ’Sillery Vinothèque’ to 2017 Roses de Jeanne ’Côte de Val Vilaine’ ]